So here goes...We headed down to New Braunsfel this Labor Day to partake in the annual Reiter Family Reunion. There were about 70 of us this year - it was a lot of fun to see everyone and I know that Ashley enjoyed spending so much time with her cousins! The kids had a blast playing together from the time they woke up till the time they went to bed at night. We had planned on waking up early on Friday to make the trek down there but didn't actually get out of the house until around lunch time - we stopped in Waco at La Fiesta for lunch (this was Eric and I's favorite Mexican restaurant during our 4 years at Baylor). On Saturday we woke up and headed to one of Eric's childhood fun spots - Aquarena Springs - the kids got to ride a glass bottom boat and search for fish and turtles in the water.
The Reiter's thought it would be fun to have a theme for this years reunion so Pirates we were...several family members floated the river all decked out in their best pirate gear. There was even a treasure hunt for the little pirates on Sunday before lunch - Eric, Ashley, & I all dressed up for the treasure hunt and had a great time seeing all the other pirates! I made Ashley's little pirate costume and it was a HUGE hit :)
The whole clan minus a few pirates that were cooking lunch for us ;)
Eric & I decided that since we were already down there and probably wouldn't want to make the 5 hour drive again anytime soon that we'd take Ashley to San Antonio on Monday and check out Sea World. We had a blast!
1 comment:
Her pirate outfit is too cute!!!! I wish I was creative & crafty :o(
Post a Comment