4.02.2007

My little trapeze artist

So Ashley took a 15 minute afternoon nap today and I couldn't get her to go back to sleep in her pack-n-play...so I thought I'd try the swing. I heard her playing with something so I peered over the couch to see what she had since I only gave her a pacifier and her 'baby' (doll she sleeps with) when I buckled her into the swing. There she was leaning over the edge of the swing - her head was completely hanging off the end...the only thing keeping her from falling out completely and hitting her head was the straps on the swing. She was upside down and playing with a toy that was on the floor. Needless to say my heart sank as I ran over to rescue my little trapeze artist. I think it's time to retire the good old baby papasan swing. It has been a great investment and Ashley has loved it, but obviously since she has now figured out how to hang upside down from it....she will never be placed in it again! No picture with this post...obviously :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

OMG! How funny though. Glad she is okay. We had to retire our swing when Grace was around 8 months and I was so sad b/c it was nice to know that I could keep her in one place... those days are long over!